Looking for Doily pattern

All things crochet!
walllady

Looking for Doily pattern

Postby walllady » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:58 am

Hi everyone
I have crocheted for the last 40 years, the last 20 has been with thread. It is much easier to carry with me and it isn't as hot to work on in the summer time.
I have a large box full of patterns I have collected over the years but a friend asked me to do a doily that I don't have a pattern for. I don't even know if one exists.
The pattern I need is for a table with a pole lamp in the middle of it. Because of the lamp, the doily needs to have a split so it can go around to pole, and the center hole needs to be 1 -1 1/2 inches wide. The table itself is about 15 inches accross.
I have tried to adept some of my patterns but the only thing I have accomplished is to drive myself nuts. It looks great for the first few rows then it starts to ruffle.
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks Sandy

amylou807

Re: Looking for Doily pattern

Postby amylou807 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 pm

since you need a split to go around the pole - why not check out patterns for Christmas tree skirts.

walllady

Postby walllady » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:50 pm

Thanks AmyLou. I never thought about a Christmas Tree Skirt. I will try that. What I have done is to make 6 pointed snoflakes and join them at the points. To fill in the spaces I have used the first 2 rows of a triangle granny square. It will look good but it remindes me why I don't like to work with motifs. :lol: Sandy

dance4life01

Postby dance4life01 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:36 am

Christmas tree skirt well that's a nice idea, got to try that kind of stuff.

Pat P.

Postby Pat P. » Sun May 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Depending on the size you need, how about 2 chairbacks slip stitched together. I have also been crocheting for 40 years and have A LOT of patterns from the early 1900's to present and I don't think I've ever seen one for a table lamp. This could be your claim to designing fame! Good Luck! Pat

harolddwell28

Postby harolddwell28 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 am

amylou807 wrote:since you need a split to go around the pole - why not check out patterns for Christmas tree skirts.

where can I find that?

avaviney

Postby avaviney » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:41 am

I am also looking for one.

Return to “General Crochet Discussion”