What are my items worth??

All things crochet!
wmarvel

What are my items worth??

Postby wmarvel » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:37 am

I have made some scarves that i would like to sell to raise money for the Gift of Life foundation here locally. It takes a long time to make each one, as the pattern is a little complicated...about 11 hours each.
i don't want to be greedy, but want to raise as much as possible for the cause. Is there a rule of thumb to how much you charge? Or whatever the traffic will bear?
I appreciate your input!!
I am new here to the forums and semi-new to crocheting. I am enjoying everyone's comments.

bevq

Re: What are my items worth??

Postby bevq » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:40 pm

It's hard to know what to charge. But you are doing a fundraiser, so maybe people won't choke at the prices. They take a long time to make and I would say your time is worth at least $5 an hour. That's less than min. wage. I have heard people say they charge $1 and hour + 3 times the cost of materials + postage.

I guess it depends what the scarves are made out of, and what they look like-- decorative etc?

I have sold a few things I have made, and I do take into consideration the hours and the way it looks and then I decide on a price. Not everyone is happy with the price and they have told me that. So I tell them if they want cheap they can buy it at Walmart - if they want quality, buy from me :D

Bev
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com

Return to “General Crochet Discussion”