Crocheter from Pittsburgh PA US

Post an introduction and meet other forum members,
pldrake

Crocheter from Pittsburgh PA US

Postby pldrake » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:08 am

Hi - I'm Peggy in the 'burgh, aka Pittsburgh PA in the states. I've been crocheting for over 50 years now (oh my), off and on, and now back on again with my joining two knit and crochet groups in the Pittsburgh area -- Butler Knit and Crochet MeetUp and Three Rivers Crochet (a chapter of the Crochet Guild of America) ... and the amazing availability of crochet patterns on the Internet and in books. Recently I've made clothing items for children in Afghanistan (through Afghans for Afghans) and Guatemala (hats in particular that are taken there yearly by a group of researchers at the University of Pittsburgh who travel there for a week in January), and am now making a baby sweater for the organizer of the Butler (PA) group who's expecting a baby this summer --hope she does not see this! I've also made items in Black and Gold for my favorite Pittsburgh Steelers and Pirates. I'm looking forward to discussions of many things crochet.

fibreshck

Re: Crocheter from Pittsburgh PA US

Postby fibreshck » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi Peggy...
Yes, the amount of patterns and yarns available now, for knitting and crochet, is truely amazing. I think that is one reason my stash keeps growing and growing daily!!!!!
Making for a charity is certainly a great way to reduce your stash, help someone out and gives you a real purpose to your hobby.....good for you :D
Welcome to the forum and look forward to hearing about your crochet projects.

asifqwq

Postby asifqwq » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 am

Awesome!! It’s just what I need!! Thanks!............

http://forum.urduwire.com/gold-prices-pakistan-f158/
Last edited by asifqwq on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

pldrake

Postby pldrake » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi - I'm still crocheting away in the Pittsburgh PA area. I completed a great sweater for my friend's baby and have made numerous items for charity and gifts, even one or two for myself. Scarves for Special Olympics winter events in the US, squares for afghans for a new Facebook group called Charity Crochet Exchange, shawls for a church group, hats and scarves for a Shelter for Victims of Violence and for a CGOA Chapter here that we sell to raise funds for Rwanda Knits and local US VA outreach programs are among my projects. Some of the groups get donations of yarn that we use; I've used them and added to those collections. I just enjoy crocheting and knowing our work goes to good use. It's a great way to get to know people and enjoyable to crochet with others, not always by myself.

Gladys Davis

Postby Gladys Davis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi Peggy, I live in the Pittsburgh area too. I just signed up for the daily kitter and crocheter club. I am an advid crocheter and even though I knit, I had forgotten how to cast on, but have recently figured it out. I may start knitting again, if I can find the time. I don't do it for charity though. I am presently making baby outfits for my grandchildren that are having babies. Just finished a baby bunt and sweater set. Only have 2 more to go. I have until Sept. to finish the last 2, but will probably make more to go with it. Blankets most likely. I have been crocheting for over 50 years now. I love it and have a collection of patterns that won't quit. I have recently learned how to save them on the computer as I am really not much computer literate. No stopping me now. lol I love making doll clothes too. From Barbies little sister Kelly, to the 18" size dolls. I also do beeding/jewlery work. Can you tell me about the crocheting clubs you belong to? Where they are located and how I can contact them. I have been looking for places but am unable to find any locally, what am I talking about, the only places I can find anyone crocheting at all is in the library, if I am lucky, and senior buildings sometimes have them. I think knitting and crocheting is a lost art. People today are just to impatient and want things instantly and don't want to wait and watch things being created. How sad. Anyway, it is good "meeting" you and wish you well. Gladys

Return to “Introduce Yourself”