New kid on the block :)

Post an introduction and meet other forum members,
meandem

New kid on the block :)

Postby meandem » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:17 am

Hi Everyone.

I am new to the site and am so happy to have found people with like minded interests.

I hope that someone out there in WWW land can help me.

I have recently moved, and whilst in the move - somehow :? my pattern books have all disappeared. Obviously someone thought that they needed to be at their house and not mine. :( I have contacted the removalists and they are checking into it, but assure me that they don't have them.

I have been trying to remember a pattern that I had for a crochet baby sandal, but my mind isn't as good as it used to be. I have even asked friends that I have made the sandals for but they no longer have a pair that I can take a pic of to show you all.

If anyone can help me, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

crafty grandma

Re: New kid on the block :)

Postby crafty grandma » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:47 pm

I recommend you try Ravelry.com and search their pattern database. It is free to join and they have a lot of resources and groups, including a group called Pattern Detectives that likes to track down old patterns. Their database has thousands of patterns, both free and for sale, some of which date back to the early 1900's. You can also post in various forums and groups asking for help identifying your pattern. If you need help figuring out how to navigate the site, you can send me a message. My name there is HandmadeLove.

P.S. There are also groups there where people offer books or patterns they no longer want for sale or trade. You might be able to replace some of your missing patterns through them.

meandem

Re: New kid on the block :)

Postby meandem » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Thank you for the reply. Will check it out. I think I'm already a member there :) I don't want to have to go and purchase all the patterns again. I had a huge box full of them, it would cost me a fortune to replace them all. Still no news about anyone finding them :( Thanks for your quick reply :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”