Hello Everyone!!

Post an introduction and meet other forum members,
CherylAnn

Hello Everyone!!

Postby CherylAnn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:47 pm

My name is CherylAnn and I live in upstate New York now...moved here from sunny ,warm Florida...
I have multiple autoimmune problems that have kept me in a wheel chair for awhile but have surgery coming up in Feb to get 2 new knees put in so Iam so hopeful that I will walk again on my own!!

I LOVE this group so far and it has so many wonderful things to work on and do ..

Iam a self taught (April 2012)crocheter and now a knitter as of May 2012!!! and I love knitting too!!!! Iam finishing up a scarf for this bitter cold weather out there and will start my first ever sweater. . .after Iam done..
I know alot of you do or keep several things going at a time but I cant seem to do that ,,either because Iam anal about it or just can't do it...lol but am excited to get it started!!
I live with my mom and have 1 dog....she is the one thing that gets me thru most bad days!!!the best of the best ....
any ways ,I look so forward to meeting you all!!
Happy Knitting(crocheting) to All
CherylAnn :P

karenjoe

Re: Hello Everyone!!

Postby karenjoe » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 pm

Hello, CherylAnn -

Welcome!

My name is Karen, and I live on Long Island. I'm a self-taught knitter since around 2007 and hope to join the Crochet Crowd one of these days. I'm married with a stepdaughter who I love to knit for - no pets, just BOATLOADS of yarn! :lol: Which town do you live in? I went to school at SUNY Cobleskill and keep in touch with a wonderful college friend who lives in Auburn.

Wow...I didn't even attempt a sweater until I was knitting for a few years, so I salute you! Personally, I think it's great to try things no matter what "level" you're at, or think you're at. I've learned so much about myself through knitting - patience, budding creativity, patience, perserverance, patience, trust...and did I mention patience?!? :mrgreen:

Be well, stay warm...and, yes, Happy Knitting!

Karen

CherylAnn

Postby CherylAnn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi Karen and thank you for the reply hello!!
Iam north of you up In Saratoga Springs....very cold and snowy here today..
My sister keeps telling me that I seem to pick things "above my level" but I haven't found things too hard ...Yet...lol
I just take my time on things and go at my speed....Plus I belong to a site where the gals are so good about helping you out!!!
Iam like you and can't seem to stay away from acquiring tons of yarn.....I see the color..and love it ,so buy it..making sure I have enough to make a full sweater...
I belong to The Crochet Crowd too as I taught myself how to crochet in April of 2012...then knitting in June 2012 ...its a fun site too!!
and yes you are so right " I've learned so much about myself through knitting - patience, budding creativity, patience, perseverance, patience, trust...and did I mention patience?!? "
I learned when crocheting that you can't put a timeline on yourself to get things done...or it will mess up..always!
Happy Knitting to you :P
CherylAnn

karenjoe

Postby karenjoe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Hey, CherylAnn -

How did your knee surgery go back in February? I'm hoping that things went well and that you're now running laps around the yarn store! :lol:

You were working on a sweater back in January - how'd it come out?

Karen

Return to “Introduce Yourself”