Hello

Post an introduction and meet other forum members,
Carynjoyb

Hello

Postby Carynjoyb » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi my name is Caryn Joy and I live in Oldsmar, Florida.
I have been crocheting and knitting since I was around 8 years old. I also make many other crafts. Quilting, drawing, painting, needle felting etc.
Looking forward to being a part of this group.

:D

"A stitch a day keeps the doctor away"

http://www.Joyfullyjewels2.etsy.com

karenjoe

Re: Hello

Postby karenjoe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Wow, what a talented lady...welcome!
And please send some Florida warmth my way - we're gearing up for another snowstorm here on Long Island! :o

-Karen

Carynjoyb

Postby Carynjoyb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi Karen,
I am a Long Islander. Grew up in Baldwin and last home was in Holbrook for 15 years. Moved down her in 203. I'll send some warmth up, but we are about to have a cold front visit us tonight and by Sat our temps will be in the 40's at night. Love it down here.
Caryn

karenjoe

Postby karenjoe » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks to your e-mail full of Florida sunshine, I was able to wear these on my way to work today: 8-)

What a small world - I grew up in East Meadow, lived in Williston Park and Carle Place at some points, and settled in Bay Shore 9 years ago. As much as I like the South Shore, each year it gets tougher to stay put on the Island.

Wow...knitting/crocheting since you were 8. Both always interested me, but I didn't pick up the needles until 5 years ago. My Mom taught me how to embroider when I was 6, so I guess the Craft Bug got me then! :) I haven't tried crocheting yet, but from the sound of it, I'll have plenty of people to guide me when I finally take the plunge!

Take care...

-Karen

Return to “Introduce Yourself”