Hello from Rhode Island

Post an introduction and meet other forum members,
Lthielemt

Hello from Rhode Island

Postby Lthielemt » Sat May 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Laura and I am from the little state of Rhode Island. I am a crocheter and considering trying to start a business. I am always trying to improve my skills. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

jenny-pooh

Re: Hello from Rhode Island

Postby jenny-pooh » Sun May 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Welcome Laura!

Wow, Rhode Island, I'm busy brushing up my memory on the New England states right now! (Small World :) )

I hope you enjoy looking around this site, they have lots of great patterns and everyone is very helpful :D

What kind of business are you thinking about starting?

I sometimes think I'd like to have a little knitting shop or something. But I don't know I have the hardest time making up my mind sometimes :roll:

Jennifer
Cuties Craft Corner Blog, stop by for a visit.

http://cutiescraftcorner.wordpress.com

Lthielemt

Postby Lthielemt » Tue May 14, 2013 12:03 am

Hi, Jennifer

I am considering trying to start selling my crocheted items. I have opened an Etsy shop. I am planning on doing some craft festivals this fall and possibly getting some of my items in some local stores. I am trying right now to expand my items that I crochet.

Where do you live?

Laura

jenny-pooh

Postby jenny-pooh » Tue May 14, 2013 1:58 am

Hi, Laura

I live in Utah with my parents, brother, sister and two cats:) We live out in the sticks as it were, I was born out here and really can't imagine living anywhere else :D

I hope you're able to start a good business with your Etsy shop. I remember my mom and I did a trial run on Etsy but it didn't really go anywhere, so we let it go.

What kind of things do you sell?

Jennifer

Lthielemt

Postby Lthielemt » Thu May 16, 2013 2:41 pm

I live with my 4 kids, husband, dog and chinchilla. My son is 23 and just graduated from High Point University in North Carolina. Oldest daughter is 22 and just finished her 3rd year at UCONN, has 3 more years to go. She is in the Pharmacy program. My 2nd daughter will be graduating from High School on June 13th and will be attending a community college in Indiana and my last child is a sophomore in high school and wants to be a pediatric oncologist.

I am also going to try to sell some of my items in local stores that have handmade items in there. I have discovered some new fashion yarns to make scarves and hoping they will sell. I have also started making potholders and dishcloths. I want to try my hand at making doily's and crocheting with thread.

karenjoe

Postby karenjoe » Fri May 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Hello, Laura!

I'm a knitter from Long Island, NY - I guess that makes us almost/sort of neighbors!

Wow...with a full house like you have, it's amazing that you've got time to crochet, let alone start up a business with it - my hat's off to you!

Do you crochet for the chinchilla, too???

Karen

jenny-pooh

Postby jenny-pooh » Mon May 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi, Laura

Wow! It sounds like you and your family are a talented group! Congratulations to your second daughter on her upcoming graduation :D

I find crocheting with thread to be really pretty easy. The smallest yarn I've ever worked with is size 30. I adjust to different sizes pretty easily.

Well I wish you luck with your crochet, and if ever you want to put pictures up I would love to see your work :)

Well so long for now!

Jennifer

Return to “Introduce Yourself”