Having a little trouble...help!

Ask and answer questions about knitting patterns.
jenny-pooh

Having a little trouble...help!

Postby jenny-pooh » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:11 pm

I need a little help in understanding what this pattern means. It's knitted in the round on five double pointed needles.

'Yo, P 35,wrapping yarn around needle twice, yo, k 1.'

I'm having trouble understanding with the 'wrapping yarn around needle twice, yo'.

Any help will be much appreciated:)

Jennifer
Cuties Craft Corner Blog, stop by for a visit.

http://cutiescraftcorner.wordpress.com

crafty grandma

Re: Having a little trouble...help!

Postby crafty grandma » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:58 pm

It sounds like you are making something lacy or a row of eyelets. The instructions are telling you to yarn over and then insert the needle for a purl stitch. Wrap the yarn around the needle twice and complete the purl stitch. Repeat this until there is one stitch left. Then, yarn over and knit the last stitch. You will have a lot of wraps around your needles. Be careful they do not slide off. Usually, a row of wraps like this is followed by a row of plain knitting or purling in each stitch to make the open spaces. However complicated, very lacy patterns may use more wraps instead. In either case, be careful to keep your wraps from overlapping or sliding off. You do not want to drop a stitch, work in the wrong stitch, or knit two stitches together by mistake because you generally have to rip back to the start of the wrap row in order to fix it.

jenny-pooh

Thank you very much!

Postby jenny-pooh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Thank you soooo very much!!

I have tried doing it the way you say, and it looks to be the same as the picture they show of it on the cover.

Again thank you for answering me :D

Jennifer
Cuties Craft Corner Blog, stop by for a visit.

http://cutiescraftcorner.wordpress.com

Return to “Discuss Knitting Patterns”