vintage christmas stocking pattern

Ask and answer questions about knitting patterns.
scheu619

vintage christmas stocking pattern

Postby scheu619 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:55 am

Hello,
My name is Lisa and I am new to knitting. My aunt made me a Christmas stocking for my first Christmas and was wanting to make one for my grandson but has misplaced the pattern. It was a red, white and green and had a picture of santa going down a chimney and had my name at the top. It also had white mohair as the beard. If anyone can help me find this pattern for her I would appreciate it. My aunt made the stocking in 1964.

Thanks,
Lisa

crafty grandma

Re: vintage christmas stocking pattern

Postby crafty grandma » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

The website Ravelry.com has a large group of people who enjoy tracking down old patterns. I would try asking there because it is a lot more active than this site and has more members. It also has forums where you can chat with people who have similar needlework interests and thousands of patterns (Some are free. Some are paid.) I suggest posting in the "Patterns" forum. Since the yarn originally used in your pattern is probably not being produced anymore. There are people there who can suggest similar yarns to use instead. Good Luck finding your pattern.

shamitavizz

Re: vintage christmas stocking pattern

Postby shamitavizz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:01 am

Hello and there are always some good videos available for the crochet designs that can provide you the good one and best for what you are looking for.

Return to “Discuss Knitting Patterns”