Kelly Sweater

Ask and answer questions about knitting patterns.
tobygretchen

Kelly Sweater

Postby tobygretchen » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:08 pm

My question is in regard to the Kelly sweater found on this web site. I've made this sweater in the small/med and was wondering how I could make it smaller. My Granddaughter liked mine and wants me to make her one but I need it smaller. Also I can't find a color yarn I like in the wool-ease thick & quick and would it be okay to use Lion Brand Hometown USA?

jenny-pooh

Re: Kelly Sweater

Postby jenny-pooh » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Good Morning!

How old is your granddaughter? I have a pattern that's just like the Kelly Sweater and its for young children, I can't really remember how young but I'll dig around and see if I can find it again and let you know :)

Have a good day!
Cuties Craft Corner Blog, stop by for a visit.

http://cutiescraftcorner.wordpress.com

tobygretchen

Postby tobygretchen » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:23 pm

She's 18. I was wondering if I adjusted the pattern the difference between the sm/med and large if that would make it small enough. I made the sm/med and it's a little big for me and I didn't pay attention to scale because I mostly wanted to see if I could even knit it. Like it says cast on 87 (95) if I cast on 79 and adjusted the pattern like that.

jenny-pooh

Postby jenny-pooh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:33 am

I found the pattern but it's largest size is for a 29 inch chest measurement and I bet that probably won't work for an 18 year old girl :lol:

And I'm afraid I really can't suggest much with changing the size around, I'm still in the 'sticking to the pattern stage of knitting' :)

But good luck with it, and if you want me to post the pattern I have anyway, just let me know!

Jennifer Anne
Cuties Craft Corner Blog, stop by for a visit.

http://cutiescraftcorner.wordpress.com

Return to “Discuss Knitting Patterns”