Today's Pattern (July 3, 2012)

Ask and answer questions about crochet patterns.
jfteam77

Today's Pattern (July 3, 2012)

Postby jfteam77 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:10 am

today's pattern isn't free, it takes you to an etsy listing! :(

mooma6

Re: Today's Pattern (July 3, 2012)

Postby mooma6 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:14 pm

This site is so lacking that I never visit anymore except to see if there are any new patterns I might be interested in. Lots of times they are just repeats from the day before. Wouldn't bother me if they shut it down. Visit Knitting Paradise if you want a really active site. They have both knitting and crocheting, and admin really monitors it.

crafty grandma

Re: Today's Pattern (July 3, 2012)

Postby crafty grandma » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:15 pm

It's not just patterns repeating from the last few weeks. A few months ago I started noticing that when I tried to bookmark a pattern because I was in hurry and planned to look at it later, I found that I already bookmarked it 6 months to a year earlier. So, I start keeping track, every pattern that has been here in the last 3 months is a repeat. One of the recent broken links was to a pattern that I saved from this website 18 months ago. No wonder so many of the links don't work. Pattern websites change and update all the time and you can't expect an 18 month old list of patterns to still be accurate.

I have to echo the feelings of mooma6. Why do the editors bother to keep this fuorm open if they aren't going to be bothered to maintain it properly. I have posted or emailed them many times asking them to please fix their links, remove them spam, update their pattern list, or do general site maintainance: I have never received a reply, not even just to acknowledge that I had contacted them.

This started out as such a good site. It has been sad to watch it go downhill to the point where the editors can't even be bothered with it. I don't want to quit coming because there are newbies who come here desperately looking for help, but I find this site more and more disappointing ever time I come. So I am again asking the editors to please fix your site before you don't have anyone coming at all.

Return to “Discuss Crochet Patterns”