NEED HELP WITH NEVER ENDING" GRANNY SQUARE?"

All things crochet!
Marcy

NEED HELP WITH NEVER ENDING" GRANNY SQUARE?"

Postby Marcy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:04 am

I Want to learn how to do Granny Squares! Want to learn how to make a "NEVER ENDING GRANNY SQUARE" BLANKET :O)
Want to learn how to read patterns!!! All I've ever made is large blankets in treble crochet with shell borders. Finally was able to make a treble crochet blanket using thread crochet :O) I'm a nurse getting close to retirement. Learned to crochet when I was 8 yrs old. I was taught by Mother Williams, an 88 yr old lady who lived next door. I would help her around her house and run errands for her; she would pay me by teaching me to make dollies and doll clothes for my Barbie doll. Picked up crocheting again approx. 2yrs ago when one of my patients was crocheting a baby blanket. I asked her to show me how and I've been making blankets ever since. I LOVE CROCHETING!!! My first grand baby is on the way & I want to be able to make all sorts of things. PLEASE HELP ME LEARN!!!

crafty grandma

Re: NEED HELP WITH NEVER ENDING" GRANNY SQUARE?"

Postby crafty grandma » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:02 pm

I did a quick search and found this:

http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2007/10/never-ending-blanket.html

If this is the blanket you want to make, the directions for the squares are here:

http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2007/12/never-ending-blanket-square.html

If you've been doing treble crochet, this should be pretty easy for you to pick up. However, if you live outside the Untied States, you should be aware that the same terms have different meanings.
Double crochet (US) = Treble Crochet (Britain, Europe, & Australia)
Single Crochet (US) = Double Crochet (Britain, Europe, & Australia)
Slip Stitch (US) = Single Crochet (Britain, Europe, & Australia)

Marcy

Re: NEED HELP WITH NEVER ENDING" GRANNY SQUARE?"

Postby Marcy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Thank you sooooo much! I'll check these out. Wish me luck! :O)

Return to “General Crochet Discussion”